- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium-size onion
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 pkg frozen edamame, shelled
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (to taste, or optional)
- 6-8 oz uncooked gluten-free pasta (approx 2 cups)
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or potato starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place ground beef (or turkey) in a skillet. Cook over medium heat until the beef is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain off excess fat, if any.
- Add diced onions & carrots to the pan and cook until onion softens a little.
- Add edamame & remaining ingredients, except the cornstarch & 2 tablespoons of water, in the order given. Stir well to blend. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer until the noodles are very tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Once the noodles are tender, stir the starch and 2 tablespoons of water in a cup. Add to the pan and stir gently to thicken the remaining liquid.
Recipe adapted from the book “You Won’t Believe It’s Gluten-Free” by Roben Ryberg
Originally posted on our companion website HERE!